Grooming is an important part of pet care. Depending on the breed, age,and health of your pet, grooming may even need to be a part of you and your pet’s daily routine. Many breeds require less grooming than this, but regular grooming always helps to keep your pet healthy and comfortable. Some breeds don't shed their hair effectively (eg. Poodles) and require grooming by a professional every 6-8 weeks. Long haired cats can particularly benefit from regular grooming as it helps prevent the formation of knots on the skin and hairballs in the stomach.
Grooming at Home
We encourage you to also engage in regular grooming with your pet at home. There are numerous benefits of regular grooming, for example:
- Decreased chance of skin problems
- Optimal skin cleanliness and comfort for you and your pet
- Improved monitoring of health issues like cuts, heat, swelling, lameness, or changes in temperament.
- Enhanced behavioural routines with obedient submission during grooming periods
- Closer bonding with your pet through regular contact
Often cat's aren't happy to be groomed at home and often their fur may become matted. In this instance we offer sedation and clipping.
Grooming in Clinic
We offer a full in house grooming service which includes clipping, hydrobath washing, drying and nail clipping.
Lucy washing "HG" in the hydrobath
Lucy washing "Simba"
"HG" and "Simba" are brother and sister and come in regularly for their wash and blow dry. They both love all the attention.